Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

30.10.11 Domain.

I finally got my domain! And had a bad experience with google. If you're still tuning into http://fluffyrosediamond.blogspot.com/, you'll realize that the followers column is not working and my nuffnang (scroll all the way down) says there's an error. So if you're not directed to my new website (http://michelleakj.com/) because it says that my new address should work for everyone after at most 3 days, which means that at most, it'll take 3 working days to process because I just sent in the black and white of the domain registration, then just type in michelleakj.com in the url bar! I think it will work if you typed it rather than making it redirect you.

After getting such treatment from google, I'll need to type out the solution for it because a lot of people are experiencing this problem, and I believe many are as impatient as me. :b

So, for people who're having trouble with google custom domain...
1) You got an error message: We found an existing order for this domain. Please contact support.
My reaction: Wtf. There's no contact for me to freaking contact! What is wrong with you?!
I open another browser and another, google incognito window, safari and opera, same problem.
So I deleted all history and cache but still no changes and then I realized that it IS the google's system's problem.
But I tried to use another computer to register because it works for some, FAILED.

Why it happens: You didn't complete the checkout point after step 2.
What to do: All you gotta do is wait, wait and then wait until it allows you to register. Wait for 7 days, try registering again on the 8th day.
Option #2: Go godaddy.com to register a domain and then link it to blogger by following the instructions here.
The only good thing about godaddy is that you don't have to wait.
But it cost USD1.99 more than the price you're needing to pay if you registered through blogger itself.
Option #3: Sign up for a new google apps account. Which don't really worked on most people.

Me, being so impatient, I wanted to register at godaddy.com also thinking that somebody might steal my domain name because you know, haters will do anything to get your attention and pull you down. But then, waking up at the middle of the night, with the determination of getting a freaking domain name, I came to try my luck again and it finally worked. So here I am, sitting with a cup of hot milo with a new fresh domain name and having this annoying problem solved.

Next post is the post I've always wanted to post: About me.
Long post, TRUST ME. I really do hope that there's some people who're looking forward to it tho.

ALSO, LAST THING!!!!


This is my latest video on YouTube. XD

Post a Comment