Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

11.9.13 Donation Campaign


I've always wanted to do something for the people whose words aren't heard, whose words are ignored by the society because they are only fortunate enough to have a place to sleep in but because of my anxiety, I never got the courage to reach out to real life people but last week Kife invited me to join him and his friends for this donation campaign where we're separated into groups of 3 but my group is exception because Kife & I were making memories, each group taking 2 levels and going door-to-door to send food to different families.

I wasn't very comfortable at first because I can't understand their (the old people there) language and I felt horrible, like Singapore became really unfamiliar and like I'm there for nothing but you know what they say, everything will get better so I constantly remind myself that I'm only there to make people smile and nothing else. Thank goodness the old people upstairs speaks mandarin so at least I could understand!

It's even more tiring than the feeling you get every morning when you have to wake up for school but at the end of the day, you get the happiness that money can't buy. It's like the happiness of when you spent hundreds to see your idol except for this you only spent a little less than a hundred. I'm still very happy that I've finally built up the courage to say yes to something new and so damn meaningful.

Ending off with a picture of me perspiring before starting:

Thank you for reading, I hope everyone is doing fine and I really appreciate you for sticking around. xx

Post a Comment