Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

16.5.12 Blogging line

Hello hello my dear bunnies and dragons! ( let the females be bunnies and males be dragons because that's my 2 fav.. creatures? )

So many people who wants to walk towards being a blogger parth are asking me about blogging. Be it layouts, blog posts, starting a blog and maybe there's more but I didn't catch. But today I'm going to cover the 3 main chapters of my first ever written book call Blogging Line. No I'm just kidding, I am not publishing any books... not for now! A little disclaimer, I am not a famous blogger (at least to what I see) but I should be though. Ok maybe not now because we all know we have to work for everything good. Time to get serious!!!

MY BLOGGING TIPS & ADVICES

1. STARTING A BLOG
There's a few blogging sites I've tried (blogger, onsugar, wordpress and livejournal) but I still came back to blogger in the end. Simply because it's the best, duh. Out of these 4 sites I've tried, I hate livejournal the most. The website itself, the settings, it's too messy looking. Onsugar can get messy and I don't like the style of onsugar. Wordpress is cool for their themes but also the themes made everything feels so.. plain boring. There's a fine line between simple and plain. Simple is like my blog and plain is like, too simple.

2. ABOUT BLOGGING
When you first started blogging, of course there's no one visiting them but you can gain readers from almost anywhere around the social networking sites! It takes time for people to find your blog - don't get too desperate to make your blog famous and start blogging about what others are blogging and for having a blog is for yourself to voice out, it's a personal space so there's no right or wrong thing to blog about.. but of course, don't attack people in your blog posts, that's wrong. Common sense okay! Remember that although it's your personal space, your blog is public unless you private it, but what's the point of privatizing your blog when you want to be a blogger?

3. BLOG LAYOUT
Sorry if I'm going to sound stuck up or something but I'm going to be completely honest here. I get quite frustrated when people keep questioning me on how I did this and how I did that because I taught myself about anything funny you see here. I learn as I go. I mean, you can ask me about how I did the coding for my skin but that doesn't mean you could COPY.

I am kind enough to explain step by step sometimes, and I explained for your reference, to let you get creative from something out of what you want to know. But I always, fucking always, I receive messages from anonymous saying that so-and-so is trying to "copy" my blogging style/layout. So here's a tip, go to http://blogskins.com and look at the codes and slowly you'll learn from there. By the way, I don't help anyone do blog layouts (even if I want to, I prefer working alone with no one else around me) but as I said, I am willing to teach or explain to you how I did what I did to the codes.

If you wanna play around with your codes while you're still learning about html coding, remember to back up your codes, copy and paste in somewhere just in case you messed everything up or if your computer crashed.
*I don't use photoshop to do anything on my blog or anywhere else.


Thank you for reading, hope this helped a little! :) x

FOLLOW MY BLOG ON THE SIDE BAR.
LIKE MY FANPAGE @ HTTP://FACEBOOK.COM/MICHELLEANDREWNICOLE
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @ HTTP://TWITTER.COM/MICHELLEAKJ
ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS @ HTTP://FORMSPRING.ME/MAKJXO


Post a Comment