Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

3.4.14 CNOS 3 - Challenge 2

Cineleisure Next Online Sensation 3 - Nom Nom Challenge


We have 5 challenges in total including 3 main ones. Second challenge is about food, which will be judged by Maureen, known as MissTamChiak (which means Miss Greed-Over-Food for those who are not familiar with this language *winkwink) who's very nice. I'm not saying this so I can score better! She made the effort to go around and have a short chat with some teams and mine was one of the lucky few so we managed to snap a group photo with her. Need I say how honored we felt?!


ABOUT THE CHALLENGE

We're required to recreate their famous pancakes. Sounds easy but not at all! Each team will have a chef, photographer and videographer. Actually the story as to why we chosen the roles we took is because the first thing we found out about needing different roles, Emily happily volunteered to be the chef (I remember how excited she was when we asked if she could be the chef for this team not knowing how stressful it is going to be) and since Michelle & I are not very good in the kitchen, we gladly let Emily get the role of chef. ;)

As for photographer and videographer, it's for visible reasons. Michelle has a blog and her photos are so well done! I feel like I'm complimenting myself but you know I'm referring to the beautiful MichelleC! And me… I do YouTube so… there you have it! We fit our roles perfectly, what a wonderful team. *-*

Fun fact: Emily happens to be wearing a letter M shirt on the day of challenge. Just shows how much we're meant to be in a team. :')

ON TO THE CHALLENGE

These are the steps demonstrated to us (yes, step 4 is hidden, not a typo hehe)
pc.png

Emily trying hard to remember everything she said.


Here's Emily getting it and me looking like I just wanna get out of there. LOL


I'm kidding okay, I'm not always feeling pissed when I don't smile HAHAHA


It's me again, getting a clip of Emily making the pancake and MichelleC in the reflection!


And here's us! (we look so candid omg)

Before I continue with some tips I accumulated through this amazing experience, can I just say that it was really fun to work with them because they are such lovely people. I'm so super glad, happy, thankful and all those positive feels to have gotten the chance to team up with them! I'm serious.

TIPS ON
FOOD PREPARATION
01. UNDERSTAND/MEMORIZE
Like in school, if you want to copy homework from your classmates, copying without understanding is just an escape away from getting lectured by the teacher is not beneficial to your life at all. But like math/accounting, if you can't understand, then memorize because there's no turning back and at least you'll still know how to do it!

STYLING & PRESENTATION
01. GIVE LIFE
Not in the casting spell way but through colors. Surely a dish doesn't consist only of a color, even if it is the case, it's still possible to add colors to it! As you can see, Charlie Brown Cafe added the cocoa powder and syrup to bring life to their signature pancakes! However, too much color looking like rainbow might not be everyone's taste. A hidden message right there. ;)

02. LIMITED PORTION
Sometimes it's good to know that our money is worth for the amount of food we're getting but that doesn't mean we should be bombarded by a huge portion! I don't know about you but I feel sick when I see huge portion of food because I know I'll just end up wasting them. :(

PHOTOGRAPHY
01. KEEP IT SIMPLE
I don't mean having just one thing on the table because they can be boring if the background (table for that matter of fact) is a plain one.

02. LIGHTING
I cannot stress this enough. Lighting is the most important thing when it comes to taking pictures! I like my pictures BRIGHT but not overexposed and lower down the contrast/saturation to give it a vintage look. See, lighting plays a big part to your presentation too. But please do make sure the style of the styling and presentation matches the lighting otherwise it'll look all over the place which is all bloggers' worst nightmare.

Team EMM's best shot which I've already posted at the top as an intro because don't you think it just looks SO GOOD?! YUMS.


Now to end this post, a proper photo with 3 of us together! TEAM EMM WOOHOO

So this is all I have for you today,
hit up the video below to find out what's step 4/the process of making/see how stressed Emily was/see more of MichelleC!

Post a Comment