Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

22.7.12 Summer vacation: Turi Beach


Getaway trip over the weekend to Indonesia! Just a very small part of Indonesia, Batam, a very small island of Batam, Turi Beach. It sound confusing because a small part of Singapore is still Singapore. Singapore is too damn small for a country but it's considered safe. I mean it's just a little dot in the world map after all. If Singapore and other safe countries are huge with many states and cities, I'm SURE there wouldn't be anything called 'a list of the top 10 safest countries' anymore.

Wait, this post is supposed to be on the overdue summer vacation and not the country environment right? Me with my words again.. I feel that I can make such a casual post into a post that seems like it's something serious, something like when I'm making a speech. Ok Michelle, time to let loose of myself. Stop the seriousness. But it's just so not me to not talk in seriousness in my posts!! Looks like I typed too much for an intro. Here goes, the official Batam trip blog post! It will get casual as I go, not to worry. :)

I feel like this is going to be like one of those posts that typical teenage girl would blog, something like 'so we woke up at blablabla, went to blablabla at blablabla time' and shit. No I'm kidding. I hate those kinds of post because it reminded me of how the same I am and how I used to try to be who I'm not.


We went to the ferry terminal early in the freaking morning. Munching on my McDonald's hash-brown, Jouri say I look like a diva/someone famous walking here and there with the handbag hanging on my front arm, shades and dress but the only funny part was that he added "and munching on the food happily" which I totally burst out into laughter making myself more not cool. LOL


Was welcomed by some drinks that we thought it was alcohol at first! It's actually honey ginger tea that I've never tried before my whole life and thought it was cool. I hate ginger but I manage to finish it because it's good for our body. Why? Because the ginger soothes the lining helping you feel less nauseated, receive relief from motion sickness, feel less fatigued from the discomfort of arthritis and will be more physically active, induce fever which helps provide recovery from an infection, it also suppresses a bothersome cough associated with the common cold or flu and lastly, ginger tea will help fight free radicals in your blood stream. ← not anything we need at that point of time but... ginger IS healthy so why not? :b

They say check in at 2pm so we went to explore the place and damn, IT IS BEAUTIFUL.


We're all like "this is too good to be true.. are you sure this is where we're staying?" so Kife, the typical Singaporean, went to look for the resort name because there's two, one is this classier modern kind which we love and another is village kind which we don't like.


Still clueless after exploring around the classier side and saying it's like a dream to be walking around such beautiful and classy environment, we got hungry. No, we're actually starving! We went pass this buffet and that was the first restaurant/dining place we came across, another one is closed, so we decided to settle down there and eat WITHOUT knowing the price. Then we saw a famous Singaporean actor, Pat Mok, so we were thinking "this won't be cheap.." and we're prepared.


We got fruits too but they don't look appealing in photos but their mango is sweet as hell! And of course, what's a meal without desserts? Their food is yummy but I don't like that red swirl puff thing, maybe because of that red swirl itself is strawberry flavored. :/ But look at the amount of 0s on the bill. We freaked out when we saw the 0s, we were all like "what is this?!?!?!" but the staff was nice enough to convert it into SGD and I must say it's a pretty reasonable price. I mean buffet for 20 bucks in Singapore means that the food you're going to taste might be horrible. That's what Singapore buffet is to me - expensive and doesn't guarantee for it to taste nice. Done with the food, we went for a shoot after we check in at around 1:40pm. (yeah we couldn't wait any longer so we wandered around the counter till the clock hit 1:40 we tried again and success!!!)

We went out and it starting drizzling, me being a super paranoid WOMAN lady when it comes to beaches insisted to stay in the land area and not go to the beach/bridge because the waves can get crazy and I had a bad experience many years ago at our local beach bridge that I thought I will drop into the sea water and drown, how dumb. So we went back to the room and it started raining heavily! I can read the sky. ;) However the rain stopped after 2-3 hours. Had a little power nap.


The place that we went for a shoot looks really beautiful but there's A CHUNK OF FREAKING WHITE STRIPED MOSQUITOS, which is also known as dengue mosquitos but hey, we're not that unlucky to be bitten by female dengue mosquitos (they are the one that caused dengue fever and you might die from it, it was on the news) but nobody likes mosquitos. Okay, it's their job to suck our blood to survive but they can suck when we weren't busy! In the middle photo, we are still determined to continue shooting despite the mosquito attack but our body is itching from the bites and that's where all the mosquitos are camping at. Salute me for sitting there like a statue to shoot that photo that didn't turn out very nice. HAHAHA!


It's not that we gave up, it's that even insect repellent stuff doesn't help and we had enough of giving mosquitos free meal! Water somehow cure the itch and I didn't want to get in the sea so we went to the pool to have a 'leg spa' of our own. It sure does felt nice but that butt in the picture below is so disturbing I had to grab this photo. =-=


(I HAVE SAFETY PANTS + SHORTS ON SO STOP STARING!)

After losing the feel to shoot, we went back to the room to relax and went to get some internet about an hour later to inform everyone that we're still alive then it's time for dinner. MY GOD our dinner, it is the best thing that we've experienced in Turi Beach! For someone that doesn't like Japanese food actually finishes EVERYTHING that was served. The guys were so shock, even myself! Yes, that someone is me. Japanese food is okay but I don't like sushi. Used to love it because it's cool to eat sushi that time lol wtf.


We went to their store and their stuff are too damn overpriced but the guys bought some things there because they say it's something from a country that we first visit but I was like "nope, not convincing enough" because Indonesia is so affordable to go! Although the 3 of us spent SGD500 over altogether. And because we were choosing stuff for Jouri to buy home for his family, I try to find something for my parents, none of their stuff is to my mom's liking because everything there either look too kiddy or too old or it's something that wouldn't even come to use at all (which my mom hates it when something has no purpose to it) but I saw this freaking turtle with olden days coins on it and in its mouth so I shouted "omfg my dad would love this shit so much!" and I look at the price it says SGD40 so I was like "one does not simply spend 40 bucks on a fake turtle with no-skill painting and not a very good material" so I dropped the idea of getting anything. Also I was mad at how overpriced their stuff is! For a moment there I totally sound like a typical Singaporean saying "I'm not going to let them earn that extra bucks for things that I can find in Singapore if I want them badly!!!". The chips there cost around 3 bucks and mind you, it's in Singapore currency; we can easily buy it here for just a dollar. And I believe Kife didn't want me to go back to Singapore empty handed so he got me a bracelet (something like a kandi bracelet) which at first I have NO IDEA it was for me so I was choosing so carefully. LOL THANKS DUDE. NOT BAD FOR A SURPRISE.

Omg wow I can go on forever about a store! So we went walking around in the dark because their lights are so dim we couldn't really see a thing at all. I suggested to go to the indoor bar near where we're dining at but Kife said that they have age limit so we went to the outdoor one near the beach and it was closed. But we manage to see many gorgeous stars that can no longer be found in Singapore!!!!!! OMG I LOVE STARS!!!

Then we went back to the room and gosh is it creepy. I honestly am scared each time I need to walk pass the path to where the counter is, even with the guys. Imagine how scary it feels? Not say scary but it's like a fear. Not just because the lights are dim okay! It's because the surrounding is like a hill up to the road and just shit like that. I'm creeping myself out right now wtf. Ok chill guys, it's just the lights being too dimmed.

Back to the happy bright side! We ended the day and woke up SUPER early for breakfast and I was looking forward to it even before our trip there! OFFICIAL AMERICAN BREAKFAST OMFG IT WAS A MEAL THAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE MY WHOLE LIFE OKAY!!! Ok I had those as breakfast before but it just felt like a proper american breakfast when I'm sitting there eating!


And then ending it with just one photo from the day we're heading back to Singapore.


So thank you soooo much for reading this long post! It's been quite long since I last posted a long personal life post huh? Hope you guy enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed typing this other than the part where I write about the creepy path. Also, visit Kife's blog to see my most unglamorous moments! Maybe I'll bring grab some of them to my fanpage overtime. I don't know when Jouri will blog about this trip but hehehehe so happy that I'm finally not the latest. ^-^

Follow my blog and visit my second blog that I just created recently. (LOL) - lots of love x
VLOG TO BE UP TOMORROW NIGHT!!! ^-^ UPDATED: Vlog is on the sidebar now! Incase it's replaced, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MVkDIiIsCU

1 comment