Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

26.6.13 Braces Journey Pt. 2 (Extraction)

2 APPOINTMENTS



"if you wanna pluck all at once it's also possible"
"will I lose too much blood and die?"
"no, it'll only be very hard for you to eat"


Last Tuesday (18/06)

I went for teeth extraction, for this appointment I'm suppose to extract 2 teeth (the left side) but I requested to pluck off 3 teeth (the right side) first because I just wanna get over and done with the more. Finally something smart coming out of my head hahaha! Also I feel that it'll be less obvious on the right than on the left and I was SO right.

Process
We waited for about 10 minutes for the numbing injections to kick in and we chatted a little. He's unlike other dentists who only know how to shake their head at my teeth - that made me comfortable and it's very important for you to feel comfortable or at least okay with the dentist who will be doing your teeth. The whole extraction of 3 teeth took 6 mins (I'm done at 3:46pm), he spent most time on the bottom one probably because it's bigger.

After
I was told to leave the cotton gauze for an hour but I removed it at 4 because I felt pressure pain, more pressure pain I felt when I had dental surgery for my hidden tooth and I thought it was just me biting too hard on the cotton gauze. As the pressure pain is getting worse, I got my mom to go get ice for me and obviously it didn't help, I just wanted to mindfuck my brain. hehe I didn't consume any painkillers because I was worried that if I did, my body will get used to the medicine and might not work when I really need the help of painkillers so for someone with terribly low pain tolerance, I think I did a pretty good job!

Pain level
Extraction was a piece of cake, I felt not even a single bit of pain! The aftermath was bearable but I kept on complaining and ranting to everyone possible that it's painful. It is actually not that bad, it only felt like it's going to have a blue black. The pain lasted for 2-3 hours, the rest was just caused by the soreness giving you an illusion that you're still having pressure pain. The day after it's only sore and no pain at all!

This Tuesday (25/06)

Went to pluck the other 2 and everything went well, less painful than last week probably because there's more numbing injections and it was only for awhile but I felt very weak today, because instead of going home straight to rest I went out. Way bearable than last week's I must say! I put in my spacers today too.

Post a Comment