Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

2.7.13 Braces Journey Pt. 3 (Spacers)


Yep, old fillings and no my teeth actually aren't that white, not even close, just edited it so it won't gross you guys out!

I got spacers or they call it separators on the day when I extracted the last 2 teeth. Thank goodness I only need 6 because remember when I had my first dental surgery? They removed the decay molar and the extra one behind moved in by itself leaving a little space. Of course there are luckier bastards who doesn't need any spacers but I should already be happy with 6 instead of normal 8.

I need to have them in for a week so by the time I publish this post it's already one week later. This way I can keep you guys updated on how it feels without having you all to keep coming back to check if there's any changes.

Pain level
The most important part, well at least for me. I read many articles and 90% of them say spacers hurt like a bitch and are worse than braces itself so I was prepared for shocking pain. First when they got in, they felt like a piece of meat stuck in between then after awhile they feel like they're gone. No pain at all until about 10 hours later. The pain is not really a pain, it's more of a shit I feel like plucking my teeth out feeling, very uncomfortable small pressure pain. I'll rate it 3/10 - it's basically a very frustrating pain.

First night, 18 hours later after having spacers, the pain stopped unless you crunch your teeth together and they hit each other. Bad news is I really can't bite now but the good news is I survived the night without any painkillers. I try to get 0 medicine in me because I think I've already consume more medicine than a typical 18 year old should because I get ill very easily as a kid.

Everything stays the same for the past few days, today is the fourth last day I have to have the spacers on and I can finally bite onto soft foods like spaghetti and stingray haha I know right, my food life is awesome. Yesterday one of the spacers came off when I was biting onto bacon and I thought it was the bacon so I kept on biting then I was like heeeeeey why is there a hole in this bacon... SHIT I THINK IT'S THE RUBBER BAND and it is! Wasn't worried at all because the dentist says if it drops then let it be, don't bother stuffing it back in.

I can bite on hard food like fried chicken on the third last day so I actually have only 3 days to enjoy my hard food before getting braces. :(

- I got braces today > click here.

Post a Comment