Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

15.10.13 Pokémon X/Y

From my instagram and twitter you can already tell that I got my hands on the latest version of Pokémon and is currently going crazy over it. I'm not gonna lie, I got really carried away by this game every time I play. I stopped playing it ever since I got into the internet world but sure I still love pokémon, just that I don't play it anymore. I bought Pokémon White planning to go back into the whole Pokémon thing but my cousin thought it's my uncle's so he played it and you know when you have to play off from where someone else has left it to be, you'd rather not play at all? That's exactly what I thought.


My uncle bought his limited 3DS XL at Funan mall together with Pokémon X and Y on 12 October - real Pokémon fan there! You know I'm a sucker for limited edition stuff so I thought I'm gonna go get that 3DS XL tomorrow! so I woke up even before the mall is open and head down to Funan. Waited for an hour plus to get told that in all of the game stores in Funan mall was sold out the day before. Never expect it to be like iPhone.

I was so depressed, planning to get the normal 3DS since it's cheaper and if it wasn't for the legendary Pokémon cover I wouldn't have even think about getting the XL. Thank goodness I didn't just ask for the normal 3DS on the spot but decided to head back home first. On my way home I was texting Lwin and she said STAY WHERE YOU ARE!, she called the game store in Orchard and figured that there's a few left so I rushed down and asked if they still have any available. This is our conversation:

Me: Hi, is the limited 3DS XL still available in this store?
Staff: You're referring to the Pokémon one?
Me: Yeah that!
Staff: Yeah of course, we still have a few left.
Me: DO YOU HAVE RED?!
Staff: Red.... yeah we do.
Me: How much is it?
Staff: Oh, the cost of limited 3DS XL increased quite a bit.
Me: And it is now..?
Staff: $488.
Me: WHAT? $488... *about to turn around and go home because I only brought 400*
Staff: HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING, IT'S 388.

I was freaking out inside because I thought it really is $488, you know.. it's not impossible then after paying I was just like qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm I'm sure you know what I mean.


I know many who have already completed but I'm not the fastest so this is my progression starting with the finally-on-hands 3DS.



And I took this photo at I can't remember where!


I'm quite a Pokémon fan myself although I can't name you all the Pokémon. It may look like it's a game for kids but look at the amount of adults playing it! It teaches us a lot of things that we will never learn in school and let me go through them.

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover
There's many of this lesson in the show itself but in the game I remember one. Remember Magikarp? That blobbing orange fish who's like a fish on dry land. We used to find it useless because it does nothing but it evolves into Gyarados, the flying blue dragon with some of the best stats in the whole game.

You Can't Do It Alone
Like in the show, Ash is always with 2 friends or once in awhile he's with 3. In the game, although they say "gotta catch 'em all" but you don't have 150 Pokémon in one cartridge which means you have to trade or unless you're a massive Pokémon fan like my uncle and got 2 version then it shouldn't be a problem for you.

However, another example is Magikarp, because it does nothing we have to send out other Pokémon to fight on behalf so it'll get a tad bit of exp until it evolves. The same in the real world. If you really want to succeed, surrounding yourself with people who are supportive and helpful will go a long way toward getting you to your goals.

Never Stop Improving
Like Ash, we all start off with a starter Pokémon who's weak and we were all just a kid. In order to beat different gym leaders the only thing we can do is to train our Pokémon so they hit the standard of defeating the gym leaders. You can get frustrated along the way because it takes forever to level them especially when they're in the high level zone but the feeling when you earn yourself a gym badge is priceless. Who else remembers that feeling? XD

In the real world too, we can never stop improving because once we're contented with everything that's it. We'll stay where we are and watch as people who are originally below us go pass us. We don't want that so we need to keep improving!

Those are some of the lessons Pokémon has taught us as a child who's like "omg I wanna catch this Pokémon because it's so cute!" instead of wanting to catch it because it's powerful.

Haven't posted such a long wordy post for such a long time, I hope you guys don't mind. It's not easy to survive a long post so thanks for reading and are you playing Pokémon X/Y too? I'd love to know where you are in the game now! xx

Post a Comment