Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

30.10.13 Birthday

I AM OFFICIALLY 18!
(I wonder when I'll start feeling so old I wouldn't want anyone to know my age)

22 OCTOBER 2013

I celebrated it with my mom first because she only has her day off once every week. I've been wanting to dine in Antoinette for the longest time so I brought her there but she's the one paying. Classy restaurant indeed, didn't disappoint me a single bit.

Address:
333A Orchard Road
Mandarin Gallery
#02-33/34 
Singapore 238897


The service here was amazing, because it's our first time there they still treat us like we can afford the whole shop. Professionalism is definitely there! 10/10 for the service because they were so patient and they didn't even laugh at how we don't know how things work but still want to dine there which you will be able to see from the eyes of the waiters/waitresses of many restaurants thinking they're all that just because they work there.

I can't remember the name of the dessert but the yellow part is passion fruit, inside there's banana and it just tasted sweet and fruity. I rate it 9.5/10, deducted 0.5 because since it's an actual size of a slice of cake, I'd much prefer it to taste less strong so I can finish it and the piece of white chocolate wasn't very nice.

My mom chose the dark chocolate cake which is sweet and I prefer sweet chocolate so I liked it! Not going to give a rating because I wasn't the one who ate it but it taste like expensive chocolate minusing the bitter part of dark chocolates. The portion looked little for its price ($9) but I find it just right, you will know why.

Carbonara. I'm gonna rate it 10/10 although I couldn't finish it, it was because the pasta (?) is the thick kind if you know what I mean, but this dish was seriously well cooked! I'm shocked at how much effort I can feel just by looking at this dish. Everything on this plate is SO good you wouldn't believe until you try it. I'd recommend you to bring a big eater along so they can help you finish it because otherwise you'll get that feeling of when you have too much of something because the taste is strong.

Drinks, the earl grey tea was good and super affordable because you actually get the whole teapot, considering everything in there seems to be overpriced, their teas are something that is not! I decided to try iced chocolate but my god, they used real cocoa powder and it was so bitter! At least to me because I can't really take bitterness. I like how they used everything real (from teas to cocoa powder) but again, sweet stuff is easier for my taste bud.

23 OCTOBER 2013
I met up with Kife without deciding what to eat so everything was last minute. He suggested we go to Soup Restaurant saying it's Chinese cuisine and I was like "meh." then did a comparison with Ding Tai Fung and was surprised that he claims that this is better than Ding Tai Fung when Ding Tai Fung is by far the only Chinese place I like so we meet in the restaurant.

I went with my mom once before not even realizing until now when I'm trying to google for pictures! That time my mom & I ordered chicken and I am not going to say that it's good because of the price and taste. Just taste like any other chickens to me. Whereas this time, I went in to try something different, vegetables! I like their minced meat with I don't even know what is that vegetable called and I can't show you because no pictures were taken on that day so if you're curious on how the place is like then watch my birthday vlog here: http://youtu.be/vHRwCdIzmXk

Address:
3155 Commonwealth Ave West 
#03-62 
The Clementi Mall

24 OCTOBER 2013

My wonderful boyfriend (I'm gender blind) went around the interweb to look for a place to bring me to on my birthday but got exposed because I don't like to not know what's going on so I kept asking for hints and my itchy hands went to google and.. that's what happened. My jaw almost dropped when I knew in my head that this might be the place I'm visiting on my birthday, excited! It's classy but not too expensive though if you add up the bill, it is something for just desserts.

Address:
Le Chocolat Café
28 Ann Siang Road
The Club Hotel



It was kinda hard to look for the place and please if you guys wanna go there for a visit, don't trust google maps or any maps from electronic devices when you're making your way there because they will just bring you to nowhere! Upon stepping into the café, we were greeted by a warm smile on the waitress' face which you don't expect because this place is so small and quiet.

The service was great, when I was vlogging she just stood there and waited, always putting on a smile like "we hope you enjoy your stay here!" making the whole experience much more expensive than the bill itself although I wasn't the one paying but I think my significant other can agree to that. I really appreciate good customer service especially when you're paying a decent amount of money or maybe it's just because I studied customer service last year.

We ordered a dessert each and shared a little. Come to think of it, we are actually quite willing to share our food with each other unless.. there's some exception.

Of course I ordered the famous rainbow cake, this café is known for that and the portion is huge! Many wrote reviews saying it's too sweet but I find it okay, it is just a little bit too sweet but definitely not how many described the sweetness to be. I'll rate it 9/10, excluded 1 because it is a little too sweet if you keep eating mouth after mouth without resting in between and although the portion is very worth for the price ($7), it is kinda too big especially for a small dessert eater like me. Like I prefer many of different desserts to just one big portion of dessert.

Lwin ordered raspberry dome and the first thing she said after trying was "I think you'll like this". Indeed, I liked it but I don't like the hairy raspberry! It somehow reminded me of the passion fruit cake I had at Antoinette, I think the conclusion is that I'd like this raspberry one more and Lwin will like the one in Antoinette more and she prefer a much stronger taste so I guess you guys can judge from that.

Then I wanted Lychee mocktail so.. we got it. I swear I was getting high like how a kid gets drunk from drinking orange juice but there's no alcohol in mocktail and that's the weird part. Still I got to say that it tasted freaking amazing and I swear I could taste some alcohol inside! I wouldn't be surprised if the person who made it accidentally poured some alcohol in.


This year is so much better compared to last year. Remember what I did last year? I went to vivo city ALONE to shop and only at night my childhood friend asked me along to have a birthday dinner chat, up till now I still believe it's because one of his friend's birthday falls on the day after mine and they were planning to stay out counting down to her birthday. Last year was pathetic tbh.

I thought, I'm turning 18, how can I just have a cake or blow a candle or stay at home singing birthday song to myself this year? I'm glad that this time round I have early birthday dinner with my mom and an old friend and a beautiful cake on my birthday day with my love which is a place she had chosen from the information she gathered throughout the months of me mumbling to myself about what I wish I can get for my birthday.

No matter how simple or casual, they took the time out to accompany me and made my birthday so much brighter. Of course those places I went were no way near casual but you see, the thing is friends won't bother to dress up for each other even though we only meet up once in awhile just cause we're not that kind of important to each other and our point is to just catch up, have a good dinner together and be happy that we are both doing well in life.

Last but not least, I want to thank all the people who wished me a happy birthday, it came from people who I thought have long forgotten my birthday eg. people I don't like, my childhood friend and just people whom I'm not very close in contact with anymore. Also people who wished me a belated one because at least they cared to wish.

Thank you all so much for reading! Please have a wonderful day xx

Post a Comment