Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

9.4.13 Braces Journey Pt. 1 (Hidden Tooth)

DENTAL SURGERY FOR HIDDEN TOOTH


 Total cost of 2.8k - that's a MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display.

BACKSTORY
Why I went for a second dental surgery.. Last year I had a small surgery to remove a decay tooth at the back of my mouth caused by a stupid dentist (who also is the one who worsen my dental phobia) from my primary school, had a little accident that made that tooth chip and decay over time. Since we already had a x-ray taken, I decided to ask about braces for the sake of spending hundred over for a x-ray that we might only use it once for the decay tooth surgery. They said that I have a hidden tooth above my 2 front teeth so if I want to get braces, I will have to get it out first otherwise it will affect the hidden tooth when the crooked front tooth is moving. BUT, I can choose to leave it there if I don't ever want to get braces. However this year I went to consult the orthodontist purely find out more about braces and she said it's better to remove the hidden tooth even if I don't plan to get braces so we made an appointment.

BEFORE
If you're under 21, one of your parent will have to sign a list of approval then the dental surgeon will talk you and your parent through what he is going to do. He got this tiny x-ray machine where you bite and there's this huge vacuum looking thing, I don't know how they work but they basically take a small x-ray. We were all shocked to find 2 hidden teeth right under my nose which is very high up my gum instead of one hidden tooth that the x-ray taken last year shown! Absolutely terrifying. That's when I thought I'm not going to survive because my pain tolerance is super low. We got to get those damn teeth out nonetheless. Fuck.

PROCESS
It took 1 hour (longer than my previous one) because he has to open up my gum and look for the hidden tooth. They gave me painkillers and antibiotics, a pair of each and then I was like shit this must be serious. If you're going for a dental surgery, getting wisdom or hidden tooth out, ask your dental surgeon to inject as much numbing injection as allowed because it is going to hurt. The pain is honestly tolerable (remember this is coming from me whose pain tolerance is worse than an ant) but plus the pressure you're going to get, you'll have the feeling like.. you just wish to fall asleep instantly for people with really low pain tolerance. That's when I kept stopping the surgeon and ask for more numbing injections. You will feel hell lot of pressure during a normal dental surgery but mostly no pain is involved. Just don't let the sound freak you out, it's best if you play songs in your head to distract yourself from the sound because the sound will only cause you unnecessary fear.

AFTER
The feeling of writing rubbish in your exam paper but still did well. You will feel a little bit of pressure pain here and there, which is way better than getting sharp pains in my opinion. Then when the numbness is wearing off, you'll feel more pressure pain but it's not continuous so it's still tolerable. So far so good! You won't feel a thing after the numbing medicine is completely gone. Maybe once every few hours but the pain is not as bad as a severe toothache. I can't apply pressure on my 2 front teeth now though because they are so near to where the gum's cut so it'll feel as if they're going to drop off or like the wound is going to open if I do. Takes about 1 to 2 weeks to heal as normal and you're only allowed to eat cold/room temperature food which I have no problem with because I hate it when the food is hot anyway!

HELL MY GOODNESS I SURVIVED.

P/S: I titled this post as Braces Journey just in case I really do get braces in the future, as for now I just want my gum to recover smoothly.

Till my next post, goodbye! ♡

Post a Comment