Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

13.3.13 Review // Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

I have been using this for awhile and I really can't believe what I'm about to say. Now, tons of people loved it for their own reasons, be it colors, the size of it or just because it's by Urban Decay. I decided to get it because it's so tiny and cute and I love to imagine that one day I'll finally get a chance to get out of Singapore to visit other countries. In short, I still believe that I'll be able to afford air tickets someday. Hey don't burst my bubble okay! I just have to save 5 years that's all (or maybe less if I don't rely on just the allowance), it's still going to happen, it's just the matter of time.

You can tell, I really love the size of this basics palette but I must say I'm not a huge fan of the colors. As shown in the swatches, I can use venus as a highlight if I blend it well so it's good but other than venus, faint (for the crease) and crave (as a liner and I love it!), there's nothing much I could get out of this palette. The pigmentation is awesome, the quality is good like any other Urban Decay eyeshadows but the problem is the colors and that's a huge problem, not only that you can do that little looks, it is not a good palette for people with darker skin tones. I am pretty fair as an Asian although there's a lot of fairer Asians out there but I mainly use only 2 colors.

Those are common neutrals and only if you don't mind using each of the shades as an all over the lid color with crave to do a wing liner until you hit pan on all the colors, I will not recommend UD Naked Basics Palette to someone who's starting out with makeup because you can use that 30 over to get like a cheap palette (maybe wet n wild if it's available where you are/some nameless palettes here in Singapore) however, I think this palette would be a good choice to add to your collection.

I'd rather you add about $30 more to get UD Naked 1 Palette if you love or don't mind shimmery eyeshadows then a few bucks to get ELF cream eyeliner, wayyyyy better than an eyeshadow as a liner. Again, each to their own and this is just my opinion.

Is UD Naked Basics Palette up to your standard? How many looks can you create with this palette?
Btw you can follow my blog by clicking on the 'follow my blog!' link on the sidebar, thanks for reading xx

Post a Comment