Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

18.2.13 Poorly // StyleMonday

Poorly

Hello my loves! 

If you're following me on twitter you'd know I'm not feeling very well last weekend, caught a cold and had swollen red right eye so that inspired me for this week's theme. Sometimes when I'm not feeling at my best, I will still want to go out for a walk or do some shopping to make myself better although I should go to the doctors instead but.. I believe you guys can relate to this!

When you're ill, you want to take care of yourself and make sure you don't get any more ill otherwise you'll be forced to consult a doctor. Of course if you're feeling really ill, stay at home if you have to. I'm referring to like when you caught a cold, small stuff that will recover by a simple medicine or by itself basically!

Shopping malls are air-conditioned and the weather is going crazy here in Singapore but it's mostly raining so it's kinda cold. So you know what I do best (not really) - layering. I layered a black sweater over the sky blue blouse with the cool collar so your outfit won't look as dead. Because the top look very empty although there's already a blue blouse but the stomach area is too empty.. a necklace will hide the emptiness, best is if the color of the necklace will somehow pop off the color of your dark sweater but not those in-your-face kind of necklace because even though you want to draw attention to your outfit more than your face since you're ill, but you wouldn't want to look like a Christmas tree!

Skinny jeans, what can I say? They look better than with shorts, and it'll keep your warmer than shorts can ever! As for the shoes, I went with rainbow vans, not too overwhelming in terms of pattern and color because it's just small little dots with different colors! Not too plain nor too messy and there's no little heel thing going on so your under-feet (don't know what's that called) will not feel stressed after a long long day. Remember when you wore shoes with heels and it feels like your feet is carrying your body while you walk? Yeah that's awful! And painful.

Last but not least, the bag I went with is a just right sized bright dark red sling/messenger bag because it's easier to carry than a shoulder bag to give the whole outfit the last pop of color. Oh and if you're feeling hot, take off the sweater and rock the blue blouse! I'll still prefer having the sweater on though, because let's be honest now, sometimes we'd rather look good than feel good and besides, sweaters are comfy so just find a place with air-con! XD

Thank you so much for reading! Keep smiling and stay classy xx
Follow my blog @ bloglovin' or/and blogger. ♡

Post a Comment