Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

11.2.13 Special Occasion // StyleMonday

I almost forgot about this week's StyleMonday but here it is!

Special Occasion


I just got home from my grandparents' because it's Chinese Lunar New Year and when I was just about to tweet about how everything is going back to normal after today because my grandparents' place is the last house we have to visit, I remember I have StyleMonday going on here on my blog! I put this outfit together in less than an hour because this is what I wore yesterday and I realize how it suits almost all occasions. Valentine's day is around the corner, Chinese New Year is happening and for some reason I thought about girls meeting-boyfriend's-parents session and so I think this would be appropriate.

Now.. if you're as short as me, this dress will be the perfect dress (it's few cm above my knees) for meeting-the-parents or getting together with family/relatives that aren't very open minded about short skater skirts. Also when you're out with your date, it wouldn't be too short nor too long because sometimes we just feel like showing off a bit of our legs without going too over that you have to constantly check if your safety pants or your.. you know, can be seen but if you're a tall model-like lady, don't worry that it'll be too short! You can always pair your dress with a stocking/legging so you won't feel like you're showing too much. For the shoes, I went with boots instead of heels because they are so much more comfortable to walk in and because the dress is a plain full colored one, the boots and the socks with lace on top will give the whole outfit a little life!

The last and possibly the hardest part of an outfit, the bag. I can't decided to go with a dark colored sling bag or a white one to brighten up the whole outfit so I'm going to leave it up to you. Of course I'd go with a clutch if I'm not going to carry a lot of stuff because you'll look classier like that. ;)

I chose lilac nail polish because I have long claw nails so if I went with black, I'll look fierce, a little too fierce for these light-weight (I don't know how else to phrase it haha!) special occasions.. and since it's special, look as lady as you can, and remember to bring along your classiness!

Thank you so much for reading! Keep smiling and stay classy xx
Follow my blog @ bloglovin' or/and blogger. ♡

Post a Comment