Pages

  • Home
  • Disclaimer
  • About
  • #IWC

8.12.11 Christmas tree DIY

Since december stands for Christmas and I was told that my medium sized Christmas tree was thrown and as many of you already know that Christmas is my favorite occasion, so how could I just waste it like that with no Christmas decorations in my room? And so... today we're going to make our own small Christmas tree! If you're not allowed to buy a new Christmas tree like me.

Things you need:
1) Drawing block.
2) Sissors/penknife.
3) The wrap around thing you use to decorate big Christmas trees. (green and silver works fine, buy the thinner ones so the it'll look cooler!!!)
4) Good liquid kinda glue.
5) Something bendable but strong. (thin metal wire)
6) Some small decorations of course!

Everything cost less than $8. And you can do whatever you want to make it suit your liking! ^-^
Tear out the board behind, twist it into a corn shape, then staple (the big one) or use super strong scotch-tape to hold the sides being together.
Because it's folded from rectangular shape, we need to make it the base equale by folding the longer parts inwards. 
*Parting them will be easier to fold them in!
Now how to hang those small decorations?
It's wire time!!!
I cut short the wires so it's easier to handle.
Spam scotch-tapes on the wire!!! Oh and I stapled after folding them inwards.
Remember to bend it up (while inside it's flat down) so that you can hang your decorations~
The part where there's 2 layers of card board, I used a needle to squeeze it through.
Out of topic but see the small red patch there on my index finger? 
Just a small short burn from the flat iron yesterday's yesterday when I help her to do my mom's hair and the flat iron's wire is damn short.
Back to wires, please be veryyy careful,  I got poked by those hooks several times while wrapping this shit around.
You'll need 2 of the stripes thing, I bought one and it only wrapped 2.5/4 of the Christmas tree so I have to make another trip downstairs to get another stripe.
After reaching the top, you'll realize how funny it is. It's soooo round and fluffy!
(realize there's a hole at the top, I rolled a piece of small rectangular card board and stick the star together)
*Just keep scrolling down till you see the star and you'll get what I mean!
So yes, this Christmas tree need a haircut.
And what's a Christmas tree without a star? Hahaha sorry, I had to draw the star. Dx
Draw on 2 small card boards, stick the scotch-tape to make sure it won't run that easier when you're cutting it.
Stick the two piece on the rolled card board then stick the sides of the star together. If you accidentally tear it, do it again!
And...
TADA!
Look closely to the star, that's what I mean.
And look who's there?! Pandee loves the Christmas tree! XD

Have fun. xo

P/S: I know the Christmas tree is not really very nicely made but it's made by someone who didn't touch art for 3 years so hehe. :b

Post a Comment